Would you like to help?
Confidential Distress Line Available 24/7
Volunteer Training begins:
Wednesday, April 25th 2018 at 7:00pm
Trinity United Church, 360 Reid St.
Cost is $50 for 50 hours of training (assistance is available)
We provide you with skills and knowledge that you can use:
● to respond to calls from people in need
● in the workplace, in your day-to-day job
● in your everyday personal life and in your community
What you will receive:
● expert-driven training
● active listening skills, for effectively listening and responding to others
● resources for referring callers to other agencies
● greater self-awareness
● opportunities to network with other caring volunteers
Volunteers are asked to:
● be age 18 or over, and emotionally mature
● complete training and screening prior to taking calls
● volunteer one four-hour shift, every two weeks
● attend monthly educational meetings
● listen with care and understanding, without judgment
Help others find renewed courage to cope!
For more information, or to register, contact Telecare
If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.
You can help!